Spice Up Your Designs With 40 Samples of Creative Jar Labels
Spices. Condiments. Preserved fruits. A jar can seal in all the flavor, but a nice label seals the deal. It’s easy to add a dash of excitement to your jars and bottles with creative jar labels. Good labels don’t just make your products stand out, they can also increase sales.
We collected a number of incredible jar label designs from all over the internet to help inspire your own label designs. Feel free to share your own discoveries in the comments below.
Alvin Diec & Scott Norton
Some things to consider before designing your own creative jar labels
- Plan your label designs around the overall package. You shouldn’t pick the labels that look the prettiest. Rather, you should choose the ones that best suit your specific intent. For example, clear BOPP labels will better highlight the contents of a transparent glass container. A matte paper label on the other hand, might better fit the brand you want to create
- Understand your market. Your design should be appropriate for the specific market you’re trying to reach. Not creating a design specifically for a target market can cause some misunderstanding as to what the product actually is.
- Check out the competition. Check your direct competitor’s jar labels and see if you can make yours look and feel better. You might be surprised how low the bar can be.
- Choose moisture-resistant stock when appropriate. If your product is liquid or kept refrigerated, you’ll want to choose water-resistant plastic/film stocks such as white BOPP, clear BOPP, and silver metallic BOPP.
- Consider using a hang tag. Hang tags can be used to complement regular jar labels with additional information, instructions, or even a story. In some cases, they can even be used to replace them.
- Try custom shapes. Creative jar labels in eye-catching shapes can help hold your customers’ attention — hopefully long enough to close a sale.
- Add FDA Nutrition Facts to your label when needed. The USDA has a new format for standard Nutrition Facts labels for packaged foods. Take some time to understand the requirements, as most small manufacturers will be required to use the label by July 26, 2018. Here’a helpful post on FDA’s new nutrition labels.
Creative jar labels add character and interest to the products they’re on. This may very well be the difference between a sale and “just looking.” To have your own jar labels printed, check UPrinting’s jar label printing services. We offer high quality label printing services. For inquiries, you can talk to us via 1-888-888-4211 or through live chat.
Disclaimer: Images on this page are not owned by UPrinting and are used solely for design inspiration.
Did you find this post helpful? Comment below.