Rectangular Hang Tags
- Get order
Hang tag printing is more than an essential pricing tool. Custom hang tags can be utilized to inform customers about their purchase. Give comprehensive details about the product’s ingredients or provide any specific cleaning instructions. Rectangular hang tags have ample space & opportunity to tell your brand’s story.
What Are the Most Popular Sizes for Hang Tags?
Choose from a wide array of rectangular sizes for your custom tags or clothing labels. Here are the three most popular choices among retailers:
- 2”x 3.5” has the same dimensions as a standard business card. Ideal for both vertical and horizontal designs that highlight your logo.
- 2” x 4” is slightly longer than the business card sized hang tag. Explore adding details about your company to maximize the extra design space.
- 2.5” x 2.5” is the closest shape available to a square. Its unique appearance instantly stands out as a price tag.
We also offer custom sizes if you have a specific preference. Just select “custom size” on our online calculator then choose from a wide range of measurements.
What Is the Difference Between the Available Cardstock Options?
We offer three premium, durable cardstock materials that will build the credibility of your company and the luxury associated to your product.
14 pt. Cardstock
- The standard material for other promotional tools like business cards
- Ideal for double sided printing that applies matte, gloss, or high gloss UV coating
- A writable, uncoated option is also available for one or both sides
16 pt. Cardstock
- Extra weight elevates the elegance of your tag design
- Coat both sides in protective gloss or smooth, readable matte
- Recommended for informative custom clothing tags
17 pt. Cardstock
- The thickest and most durable material
- Print your design on one or both uncoated surfaces for an upscale feel
- Perfect for custom tags that may be written on
What Are the Advantages of Each Coating Option?
Choose a coating that readily complements the durability and feel of the available cardstock materials.
- Matte provides a subdued, smooth elegance and better readability for lengthier text.
- Gloss gives a vibrant shine and brings out the details of every color. Ideal for tag designs with large images or graphics.
- High Gloss UV has a higher shine than the gloss and provides further protection from scratches and fades.
- Uncoated side provides a writable surface and a premium feel to our heavier materials.
Check out the Paper & Specs tab for more information on the cardstock and their corresponding coatings.
How Can I Customize the Hole in My Hang Tag?
Those who manually prep their hang tags for personalized deliveries or for retail events will greatly benefit from our customizable hole drilling options. The 1/8” is the most popular hole size, but we also offer 1/4”, 3/16”and 5/16”.
Choose a location that will secure the hang tag and allow the customer to view the displayed information.
- Top center works best on vertical designs.
- Top left or top right suits horizontally oriented hang tags.
- Right center or left center gives emphasis to a central image or certain details on the price tag design.
Note: Strings are not included with the hole drilling feature.
What Should I Include in the Hang Tag Design?
Your design will depend on the hang tag’s main purpose. But it should still include branding elements specific to your company and its image.
- Logo shifts the customer’s focus back to your brand.
- Brand name provides further recall.
- Website address entices them to know more about your business.
- Social media/other contact details for that instant, immediate connection.
You can upload the file online or download our free layout templates to get you started. Be sure to choose our free PDF proof option so you can check everything before printing. Our fastest printing time only takes 1 business day. Add shrink wrapping to protect your order during shipping. Whether you’re planning or about to order your hang tag printing, we’ve got you covered every step of the way.
If you’re still stumped on how to start, check out these helpful pieces on creating a purposeful and distinct custom hang tag:
When can I expect to receive my rectangular hang tags?
We can print your hang tags in one business day. Printing begins after you approve the free proof file. To find out the time of your order’s arrival, select “Estimate Shipping Cost and Delivery Date” and input your ZIP code.
Is the string included in my order?
The string is not included in our online calculator options but you can add holes according to your preferred size and location. You can also call us at 888-888-4421 or Chat Online for a customized inclusion of strings.
Paper & Specs
Want to see them first hand? Get a Free Sample Kit
Save time by using our free templates. Our templates have been setup with proper bleeds and margins, assuring your print job turns out accurate. To download, select a file type and click on the size below.
When opting for an online printing company such as UPrinting.com to do your hang tag jobs, by purchasing even just one recycled hang tag from them has...
Production of clothes hang tags in Los Angeles is a necessary process for the retail clothing businesses as there are plenty of clothing boutiques and...
Owning a business involves having your own set of marketing tools to attract the people. You need to constantly use materials that are, not only...