- Get order
Effective marketing need not consume your entire budget and take up a lot of time. Standard postcard printing is an affordable way of informing current and potential customers on your brand’s latest deals, promos, or products. Its impact begins in the homes of your consumers when they receive their postcard in the mail.
Promotional postcards compel them to check out what you’re announcing and visit your store to check out the advertised offer.
What Are the Advantages of Each Paper Material?
We offer several cardstock and coating options that protect your postcard design from damage during mailing or on display.
10 pt. Cardstock
- The lightest and most flexible option
- Recommended for handing out in store or at specialized events
- Comes in protective gloss or smooth matte
14 pt. Cardstock
- The standard material used for other thick promotional products such as business cards
- Sturdy enough to handle high-quality double-sided printing & multiple handlings
- Available in shiny gloss and elegant matte coating
16 pt. Cardstock
- Additional durability gives an upscale feel
- Double-sided gloss protects it from wear, tear, & other external damage
- Matte finish leads customers to reading lengthier text
17 pt. Cardstock
- The thickest and most durable material available
- Can withstand multiple handling during delivery to several areas
- Uncoated finish keeps one side writable, making it ideal for travel postcards
Which Is the Best Size for My Postcard Design?
It’s crucial for you to choose dimensions that will make your custom postcards effective and impactful. Here are some of our standard postcard sizes that are guaranteed to make an immediate impression:
- 4" x 6" postcards is small enough to make a straightforward and easy to read announcement. It’s also easy to keep and qualifies as USPS First-Class mail.
- 5" x 7" postcards stands out against the smaller, standard postcards sent as personal mail. Its width allows for the right balance among several images and compelling copy. Perfect for promoting a new business or product line.
- 5.5" x 8.5" postcards has more than enough space for an image-heavy or extremely visual design. Recommended for postcards announcing a sale or special deal available in store or under a limited time period.
- 6" x 9" postcards is the biggest option among the popular postcard sizes. Suitable for postcards with more than three images or the need to relay information in a straightforward, visual manner.
Do You Offer Direct Mailing?
We save you from the hassle of distributing your postcards yourself with a direct mail service which only adds 2-3 business days to your turnaround time. No need to worry about stuffing envelopes, addressing each to customers, then making the trip to USPS. We take care of your order every step of the way—from when you print standard postcards, sending you a free file check to avoid errors, then delivering each item to your customer’s doorstep.
When can I expect to receive my postcard order?
Our online calculator lets you choose a preferred printing turnaround, usually as fast as one business day. Printing turnaround refers to the number of days it takes to produce the postcards. To find out when your postcards will arrive, input your ZIP code after selecting “Estimate Shipping Cost and Delivery Date” on our online calculator.
Which is the most durable cardstock among the materials available?
The thicker cardstocks are able to withstand the potential damage from the mailing process. The 14 pt. cardstock is the most popular option, but the 16 pt. and 17 pt. have a more substantial weight. We highly recommend the 16 pt. cardstock gloss for those planning to delivery a large quantity of postcards to several locations.
How do I create an effective postcard design?
- Keep things short and sweet. People want information that’s easy to digest and understand. The copy on your postcard should compel customers to read but not lose their attention.
- Call your customers to action. Give them a reason to visit your store, website, or to try a new product. This action can convert your postcard marketing into significant sales.
- Communicate the benefit you have to offer. Resist the urge to list down product features. Instead, show them that your latest restaurant promotion will save them money (50% off) or how a real estate location can lower their cost of living in the long run.
- Utilize large images & bright colors. Your postcard needs to stand out against every other marketing promotion. Make sure the central image is compelling enough to draw attention and that the colors lead the customer right into your headline and contact information.
To find out how else you can utilize custom postcards, check out this article on designing postcards effectively.
What is the advantage of getting a free file check?
Our free file check lets you look at the design before it is sent for printing. This gives you time to make significant changes and ensure that the entire postcard is free of errors.
Note: If you are mailing this product, please confirm that your mail addressing machine can print on the laminated surface. If unsure, please call to request for a sample before placing your order.
Standard Postcard Size Information for Printing, Design & Mailing
Printing postcards is not just a matter of picking the right designs and paper. Size matter. Choosing the right postcard dimensions for your marketing strategies is important. Select wisely, because it could make or break your campaigns.
We'd like to help you pick the postcard size that best fits your plans and budget. To do that, we've posted some common customer questions on how to make a postcard that you might find useful:
Q: What are the standard postcard sizes you offer?
A: For flat standard postcards, available sizes are as follows: 4" x 6", 4.25" x 6", 5" x 7", 5.5" x 8.5", 6" x 9", and 6" x 11".
Folded postcards have 2 kinds: half-folds and tri-folds.
Half-fold postcard sizes: 8.5" x 6" (folds to 4.25” x 6”), 10" x 7" (folds to 5” x 7”), 11" x 8.5" (folds to 5.5” x 8.5”), 12" x 9" (folds to 6” x 9”), 12" x 11" (folds to 6” x 11”).
Tri-fold postcard sizes: 12.75" x 6" (folds to 4.25” x 6”), 15" x 7" (folds to 5” x 7”), and 16.5" x 8.5" (folds to 5.5” x 8.5”).
Q: Do the postcard sizes have to be in a landscape orientation?
A: No they don’t. You can have your prints in either a landscape or portrait orientation depending on your design file. If your purpose is to mail them without envelopes, make sure that the back side adheres to mailing requirements. You can check the postal guide below for these requirements
Q: What are the postcard sizes that can be mailed in bulk and those that comply with the mailing regulations?
A: All standard postcard sizes, from 4” x 6” up to 6” x 11” (flat or folded to size), can be mailed. Sizes should fit within the requirements of the United States Postal Service (USPS).
Q: What are the postage rates that apply to mailed postcards?
A: Rates will vary depending on the postcard size of your choice. For example, a 4” x 6” and 4.25” x 6” sized postcard can qualify for First Class Card rate. Meanwhile, 4.5” x 6” up to 6” x 11” postcards, whether flat or folded, qualify for either First Class Letter rate or Standard Bulk rate. Check out our postcard page’s mailing tab for more details.
Q: Is there no way to mail out my cards if they don't follow the USPS mailing condition?
A: If clients cannot change the layout of their design and comply with the USPS requirements, then they can opt for envelopes. Postcards mailed with envelopes will cost more. This is also applicable for folded cards and brochures.
You can also choose to do a self-mailer. This is the act of manually stamping each postcard and dropping it off in the post office yourself themselves.
Q: How many days would it take for the postcards to be prepared and mailed?
A: After printing, it takes 2 to 3 business days for the mailing preparation. For folded postcards, there's an added 2 business days for the tabbing. It takes 3-5 business days nationwide for First Class. While Standard Bulk mails will take 5-14 business days nationwide.
* Seasonal volume and adverse weather conditions may affect the timeliness of delivery. We cannot guarantee the arrival of mail pieces by a certain date.
Q: Is there a specific format to follow in creating a design or layout for a standard postcard size that’s to be mailed?
A: Customers are free to create any postcard design, but we set specific requirements for the layout. Check out our mailing templates. It can help you with the address, postal markings, and indicia placing.
If you need help with your postcard printing and mailing, feel free to contact us through Live Chat or dial 1-888-888-4211.
Paper & Specs
Want to see them first hand? Get a Free Sample Kit
Save time by using our free templates. Our templates have been setup with proper bleeds and margins, assuring your print job turns out accurate. To download, select a file type and click on the size below.
Postcards are one of the materials that can be used for various purposes. You can have your own set for personal use or as a form of...
Size matters when you order postcards online, get them printed, and then mailed. Whether used for businesses or households, knowing the standard...
Turn your artwork into custom art postcards in just a few clicks. Use your own design and print all your high quality prints from UPrinting. We create
UPrinting offers bulk postcard mailing at affordable rates. Print and mail 500 to 100,000 postcards directly to the right people. Standard sizes...