- Learning Center Home
- Other Topics
- Invitation Sizes
- Cheap Invitation Printing
- Online Invitation Printing
Standard Invitation Sizes with Common ApplicationsThe size determines how your invitations should be used. Aside from design purposes, choosing the right size depending on the event helps you create the most appropriate invitation. Although it is possible to come up with unique measurements for your letters, knowing the standard invitation sizes for different events helps you make an informed and conscious choice with how you want to proceed with their design and production.
Here are the standard sizes for flat and folded invitation cards with their corresponding common applications:
- 3.5” x 5” – This invitation size is usually used as a reply card (RSVP card) along with a bigger-sized invitation.
- 4” x 6” – A regular-sized invitation used for celebratory events such as birthdays, christenings, graduation parties, and the like.
- 4.25” x 6” – Also a regular sized invitation for celebrations similar to 4" x 6" invitations.
- 5” x 7” – This size is commonly used for momentous events such as weddings, achievement awards, formal functions, and the like.
Folded Counterparts of Flat Invitations
- 7” x 5” (folds to 3.5” x 5”)
- 8.5” x 6” (folds to 4.25 x 6”)
- 10” x 7” (folds to 5” x 7”)