- Learning Center Home
- Other Topics
- Catalog Sizes
- 8.5 x 5.5 Catalog Size
- Wholesale Catalog Printing
- Cheap Catalog Printing
Choosing the Right Catalog SizeCatalogs are about making it easier for your customers to shop by showcasing your products and/or services in a neatly bound paper or card stock. That is why it is important to choose the right size for your catalogs. Your products’ features won’t get the attention they deserve if the information you’ll put in your catalogs is not proportional to its size.
Here are the common catalog printing sizes:
• 5.5” x 8.5” — Tall, slim-sized catalogs best used for describing a few products with enough space for short description. They’re perfect for watch and jewelry catalogs.
• 6” x 6” up to 6” x 9” — Square or rectangular-shaped catalogs. Also great for describing low-volume products/services with minimal features.
• 8.5” x 11 up to 9” x 12” — Common catalog size. They’re commonly used for clothing and apparels.
• 12” x 12” — Biggest standard size for catalogs for featuring a large number of products/services. They’re able to hold more information on each (e.g. department store catalogs, supermarket catalogs).
The key to choosing the right catalog size is knowing how much information it should carry. If you’re making a catalog with a lot of pictures and descriptions, choose a bigger size so your content won’t look congested.