- A variety of indoor signs & outdoor banner options
- Custom sizes & shapes for every design
- High-quality, full-color printing seen from afar
- Create a design online or download a template
Ensure Safety and Information in Every Sign
- 5 standard sizes & custom options
- Sturdy PVC board or styrene materials
- 1-business-day printing time
- 4 standard shapes & custom sizes
- Clear or white backgrounds
- Repositionable & removable
- Square, rectangle, circle, or arrow
- Custom sizes also available
- Indoor or outdoor removable adhesives
- 4 standard shapes & custom sizes
- Made of sturdy adhesive fabric
- Peel & stick for fast application
- 6 standard sizes & custom options
- Choose the sign’s transparency
- Optional hole drilling available
- 8 standard sizes or custom dimensions
- Reflective vinyl visible in the dark
- Waterproof & UV-resistant
- Fast & easy setup w/ a stand
- Comes w/ a travel bag for storage
- Made of waterproof poly film
- Repositionable for fast installation
- Made of quality adhesive fabric
- Easy to apply on curved surfaces
Display Important Safety Reminders and Instructions With Workplace Signs
Hospitals, construction sites, factories, laboratories, and other similar production sites require workplace signs that remind staff of the necessary safety practices. These lifesaving displays prevent accidents, inform everyone of PPE requirements, notify staff of hazards, and keep limited access areas secure.
Create custom signs that suit your needs, while also complying with all the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements. Choose from a variety of display types made of sturdy materials. UPrinting offers everything from floor graphics to guide staff, reflective adhesive vinyl signs to display outdoors, to window clings or wall decals that are removable and repositionable.
Your sign choice will depend on how and where it’s displayed.
- Floor graphics are made of indoor and outdoor-friendly materials.
- Window clings or wall decals need to be immediately seen and can be repositioned on the indicated surface.
- Poster signs work best in offices.
- Acrylic signs have a hole drilling option and come with a transparent background.
- Reflective adhesive vinyl signs can be displayed outdoors and can be viewed from all angles.
- Retractable banners are suited for indoor signs and work best for longer text and larger images.
The Different Safety Signs for Your Establishment
There are several safety signs your workplace may require. Other establishments would only need simple office signs that lead staff or visitors to the area they’re looking for. Below are some of the common workplace signs seen in most establishments:
- Emergency exit
- Entrance to specific areas
- Push or pull instruction for doors
- Door signs indicating who’s authorized to enter, e.g., “Authorized Personnel”
- Labels for common areas like the “Comfort Room”
- Caution or Danger signs to warn unauthorized individuals from specific areas
- Directional floor graphics to ensure social distancing or to guide staff throughout the office
- Motivational posters with quotes, sayings, and pictures to encourage the staff in your office
There are five kinds of health and safety signs, which are commonly used in construction sites or hospitals. Other displays are used in offices and any other type of building:
- Mandatory signs come in a round shape and have specific instructions. As the name indicates, everyone is required to comply with what the sign says.
- Warning signs make you aware of the danger ahead, such as a wet floor or high voltage. These have a yellow background with a black border and a black pictogram inside.
- Fire equipment signs indicate where one may find the fire equipment. These are red and printed in a rectangle or square. The pictogram is white.
- Prohibition signs instruct you on what not to do, such as “No Entry” or “No Parking.” It has a red circle and diagonal that crosses out the prohibited act.
- Safe condition signs show the direction toward safety, such as the fire exit or emergency stop. It is colored green to represent this specific instruction.
Essential Guidelines for the Layout of Your Safety Signs
Select the correct color and shape for your safety sign.
- Yellow for caution signs
- Green for positive or safe conditions
- Blue for mandatory signs
- Red for prohibition signs
- Triangles for warning signs
- Round shapes for instructions or prohibitions
- Square/rectangles to display information or emergency signs
Review OSHA’s requirements for signage below:
- Danger signs should indicate the immediate danger involved and the special precautions they should take to prevent it.
- Do not apply any variation in the designs for warning against radiation hazards and other dangers.
- Use caution signs to warn against unsafe practices and potential hazards. It should also indicate the proper precaution against the indicated hazard.
- Signs should have rounded corners and have no sharp edges or splinters.
Workplace Signs FAQs
What is the best workplace sign to use?
The sign will depend on the information to be displayed and the requirements for its design. Poster and acrylic signs are recommended for their sturdier materials.
Reflective adhesive vinyl can be read in the dark, while retractable banners are large enough to be seen indoors. Window and wall decals or window clings are easy to apply on surfaces.
Do you provide free product samples?
No, but you can order a minimum of one-floor graphic, window cling, wall decal, poster sign, acrylic sign, and reflective adhesive vinyl sign. You can commit to ordering a larger number after seeing the actual print based on your submitted design and indicated specs.
How soon can I receive my workplace signs order?
The arrival of your order depends on the printing time and the combination of features selected from the online calculator. To find out the estimated arrival dates, select “Estimate Shipping & Delivery” below the online calculator, and input your ZIP code. Several transit times and the arrival dates based on your location will appear for you to select from.