Unique Gift Certificates
Make Your Gift Certificate Standout!
Selling gift certificates is a very good way to promote your business but you need to make them look good and unique for your customers to notice them. Making gift certificates has no exact formula for it to sell, so let us help with some tips and guidelines.
- Templates are always readily available. One advantage of downloading templates from the internet is that it’s easy, fast and convenient. There is a major disadvantage though - chances are, you'll find another business using the same template. Plus, it will have a generic look.
- Flatter, not clutter. Don't try to put so many images in your design. Give your gift certificate one look, mood and theme. Simple doesn't necessarily mean boring.
- Decide on a color scheme. You can either choose monochromatic, or colors of the same shade from light to dark, or use a color combination. If you decide to put together several colors, all you need to remember are:
- Do the colors complement each other?
- Are the colors easy on the eyes?
- Do the colors go with the nature of your business?
If you have a business logo, you can use the colors present in your logo. That way, you develop color association, meaning, whenever they see those colors, they instantly remember your product/service.
- Roses are red, violets are blue, too many words make them go woo! Don’t talk too much, avoid wordiness. As much as possible, only include important information like brand/business name, validity and entitlement. If you want your gift certificate to have a personalized feel, put it at the back or print it on an envelope.
- We have HDTVs now, duh? Use high resolution pictures so it will look bold and crisp. If you use low-resolution photos, chances are it will pixelate or it will appear blurred. Another advantage of using high-resolution images is it’s easier to edit them.